This blog is my way of organizing thoughts and sharing my heart in my search for how to live a life of eternal value. It's an avenue for honesty and a platform for sharing about the good and bad experiences of life. My hope is that my thoughts might provoke more of your own and that the blog itself might serve as an open door for communication, discussion, and encouragement between those who know my incredible Savior and those who don't . ✞

Thursday, August 5, 2010

And this is how it all started ...

My brother recently recommended a book to me, "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven" by Mark Cahill.  It kinda rocked my world.  It left me with a whirlwind of thoughts -- trying to figure out how I fall short as a Christian, and what I can do in order to fulfill Christ's purpose for my life.  What I find is that in this world that we live in, I have struggled to truly and deeply care enough to seek out what God's absolute calling is for me.  I was too content with just being a typical Christian -- the kind that goes to church, isn't caught up in drinking or partying, but is lukewarm and only half heartedly committing my life to Him.  I have always felt like devotions were more of a thing to check off ... like a task that only needed 20 minutes in the morning, and then it was on to "more important" things throughout the rest of the day.  And then I came across this ...


Revelation 3:15-16
15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
That verse REALLY got me thinking.  And as my brother Ben put it, "All I know is that I am not going to leave myself anywhere close to the lukewarm line."  So what does this mean?  What does it take to not be lukewarm?  How can I achieve it? 


That's kinda where I am at now ...
... searching for understanding.  Desiring to know what the next step is.  Longing for a major transformation in my life.


K thanks for reading.  Grace and peace♥

No comments:

Post a Comment